Monday, March 14, 2011

Sometimes it doesn't go as planned....

Yesterday was Sunday...not just any Sunday it was time change day! Normally it's not a big deal. I really don't ever feel affected by the change but this time was different. Saturday night Brock had to deejay a fundraiser for the Arkansas Museum for Children. It was a nice, fun change from weddings, clubs, and parties. We got all dressed up and had a great time together. The down side to our fun evening was it was a late night. We got home around 1 am. By the time I was ready for bed it was way after 2. Brock reminded me to set the clock back...we had a discussion that went a little like this....

Brock: Don't forget to set your clock back before you set your alarm.
Me: Ok...baby I don't think I have to set this my alarm clock back it does it automatically.
Brock: No babe...your cell phone sets automatically not the bedside clock.
Me: Are you sure???? I don't know that I've ever set this clock. And I can't figure out how to change the time.
Brock: Seriously babe...just hit the hour button.
Me: There isn't one....just a time zone button.
Brock: Well set it on eastern time.
Me: Ok baby.

So not a big deal right?!? WRONG! I woke up, so I thought, late...6:20 on my clock (suppose to get up at 5:45). Ran in, jumped in the shower and I'm running around like a crazy woman. I go back in the bedroom to have this conversation with my sweetheart of a new hubby.....

Brock: Kim turn off the lights and be quiet...
Me: Baby you need to get up and start getting ready we are running late. Its 6:45.
Brock: No its not, your clock is wrong it's only 5:45.
Me: No baby remember the time change....
Brock: Check your phone, your clock is wrong, I am tired and you are making noise...Go back to bed! You are up too early!

Sure enough my alarm clock does set itself...and since I changed the times zone I lost 2 hours of sleep! Worst night of sleep ever! I only got like 3 hours and that was the first thing that day that didn't go as planned. Some things to know about me are I love plans and following them out and if I don't get enough sleep I am one grouchy girl!

Wondering why I have bored you with the time zone alarm clock story? Well our day Sunday was super busy. We had church Sunday morning and then lunch with our friends the Shane and Mendy Roth (and kids). Love them! We invited them back to the house to hang out while their son, Max, went to a birthday party a few blocks from our house.

We got home and picked up a little before company and I baked cookies. Shane has a gluten allergy and a dairy allergy so he can't eat a lot of stuff. I discovered this recipe back when Brock and I started our low carb lifestyle. These cookies are now Shane's favorite cookie....ever! (So he says!) These Peanut Butter Chocolate cookies are a delightful little low carb, no sugar, no dairy, and no gluten dessert! They are super soft and chewy. We drank an afternoon cup of coffee and ate cookies! So good. We decided to cook burgers and sweet potato fries for dinner. Well that was the plan...but just like my alarm clock problem we had some more bumps in our road. I made a list of things that we needed from the store which included an extra package of hamburger meat, 5 sweet potatoes and some medicine. Lets just say Brock tried and got 1 out of 3 correct. He got the right hamburger meat, but regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes, and he got me powdered medicine instead of pills. Again he tried. So we just made regular fries instead. I decided to make gourmet burgers with my Italian seasonings with sauteed tomatoes and onions with a special homemade mayo sauce, and fresh shredded mozzarella. So Mendy and I start cooking. Cutting potatoes and making burgers. I go to put the burgers in the pan and start cooking them. All is good until...I go to flip them...7 out of 10 burgers just crumbled to pieces...like it looked like I was browning hamburger meat for something other than making burgers. Disaster!!!! Needless to say dinner didn't turn out as planned. Instead of having hamburgers we has meat blobs on buns. LOL. Oh well....it looked awful but everyone loved them! So I guess that is all that matters! And no I didn't take pictures of the meat blobs and regular fries. I don't have clue as to why the meat fell apart but we had fun and I realized sometimes things don't go as planned but that is ok! :)
I thought I'd share my cookie recipe and pictures of those since they were the one thing that actually went how they were suppose to that day!!!
 Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
(adapted from baking bites)
Ingredients:
1 cup of crunchy peanut butter
3/4 cup of splenda brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp of water
1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl mix together cocoa powder and water. In a medium size bowl mix peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Once well combined mix in chocolate water mix. Stir until all combined. Add chocolate chips. Drop by the teaspoon on a cookie sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Cool for a minute on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack. Eat them up!!!

0 comments: